3/08/2009

NOT AGAIN! Please not again...



Topic: TV
I'm so fed up. I think everybody is familiar with the situation I am about to rant about: the moment you feel like you are starting to like something, it gets pulled, or in this case, will get pulled from the schedule. I'm talking about my new favourite US TV show: Dollhouse (Fox Fri. 9/8c).
The viewership has been in decline since the premier roughly 1 month ago. It opened with acceptable numbers, but it's been a disaster since the second week. So fans are worrying, including me. A Hungarian example: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles premiered not a long time ago on RTL Klub, but due to it's horrible numbers, it got pulled and probably will never return in that time slot. Both shows have great plot and great characters. Some of the actors are not bringing their "A"game, but they are still amazing.
Dollhouse is a facility that trains special "actives". The actives had their brains washed and that makes it possible to implant their brains with completely new personalities and skills,
according to the job they are required to complete. Each week there's a new job to be done, but if that would be all, then I wouldn't bother watching this show. The twist is, that the main character (Echo) starts to realize that she's just a "doll".
The story hasn't even been completely unfolded, and there's talk on the internet that it'll get cancelled before it could grab the interest of the masses. So of course I'm pissed.
I highly recommend this show for everyone, because it's action packed and the set is just amazing, and of course, great story.
P.S.: the text above "dollhouse" in the picture says: She can be anyone, except herself. Very intresting - this made me watch the first episode - maybe it'll help you decide whether to start watching it or not.

5 comments:

  1. LOL @ you being pissed @ a T.V. show.OMG! You got a flag counter! I will be so shy going here hahah j/k......

    Well Grey's anatomy is better than this crap... LOL

    Enjoy the rest of the week SIMI!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know whether you watch it with subtitle or not, but I made the Hungarian sub for the 1st episode. Unfortunately because of lack of time, I can't continue, but I'm proud of that:)
    However, the show is really good, so I offer it to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I watch it w/o subs, but I'm so happy that someone else is watching it in Hungary! :D
    (well of course I know more than 1 person in Hungary watches it, but you're the first I know:D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not too much into TV shows myself, but I see you are fairly passionate about Dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete